halo Non Bio FAQs
- What is the active ingredient?
- The active ingredient is called HYGIENILAC. It is completely safe to use around children and animals.
- How does it work?
- It works by destroying the cell membrane thus stopping the ability for the bacteria to multiply. It is not thought possible that bacteria can build up any Immunity to Hygienilac products. Hygienilac active agents interfere with the formation of a biofilm greatly reducing the mico organisms ability to reproduce. The formulation ensures that the active ingredients remains behind once a surface has been cleaned.
- Can Hygienilac be used any where?
- Yes it can, it can be used as a surface cleaner, floor cleaner, hand sanitizer and laundry liquid. Typical products are soaps, hand cleaners, paints, varnish, carpet cleaners, disinfectants. It is proven same on metal, plastic, cloth and many more.
- Why is it safe to use?
- The molecular chemistry Hygienilac uses works very well with biocides. The activity of the biocide is enhanced when Hygienilac is added. This enhancement then effectively stops micro organisms ability to reproduce.
- What makes Hygienilac environmentally friendly?
- Hygienilac is designed to biodegrade. Over a 24 hour period and when immersed in water the formulation fully breaks down.
- What makes Hygienilac carry on working?
- The resin structure in which Hygienilac active agents are encapsulated adhere to surfaces so they are not washed or wiped away.
- What tests have been done?
- BSEN 13704 against C.Diff (This is a spore test)
- BSEN1276 (This is a Surface disinfection test)
- BSEN13697 (Bactericidal Efficiency test)
- BSEN 1500 (Chemical Disinfectants and Antiseptic- Hygienic Hand Rub)
- BSEN 1275 ( Quantitive suspension test for the evaluation of Fungicidal Activity of Chemical Disinfectants)
- BSEN 1650 (Quantitative Suspension test for the evaluation of Chemical Disinfection (Yeast & Mould)
- BSEN 14476 (Chemical disinfectant and antiseptic, Virucidal, quantitive suspension test for chemical disinfectants and antiseptics used in human medicine)
- What trials have been done?
- The NHS National Innovation Centre Part of the NHS Institute of Innovation & Improvement tested the Hard Surface spray and it score top score of 97% for infection reduction against 8 other well known products.
List of Bacteria the product range has been tested against
Staphylococcus aureus Methicillin-Resistant Strain (MRSA);
Clostridium difficile; (Spore Level)
Influenza - H1N1
Norovirus (Vomiting Bug)